Certificate of Professional Styling and Image
Online, with 5 days of face-to-face training.
What you’ll learn
Build your styling business. In this course, you will learn the skills required to become a professional personal stylist. You will gain: a deep understanding of human behaviour and how it impacts a client’s style and confidence, the skills required to make a positive impact on your clients, and the sales and marketing strategies required to succeed. From getting your first client, to building a client list, you will be equipped with the language, strategies and templates to price and package your services to thrive in this growing industry.
- Learn how to work with a range of client needs, across all ages, sizes, budgets and lifestyle requirements.
- Conduct a professional style consultation.
- Build in-depth client rapport, critical to create a wonderful client experience.
- Be introduced to fashion retailers and industry professionals.
- Determine the best way to dress various body shape attributes and challenges.
- Utilise illusion dressing, proportion and accessories.
- Learn how to conduct a wardrobe makeover.
- Price and package your styling services.
- Learn human behaviour and its powerful impact on why we wear, style and buy the clothes we do.
- Learn how to shop for a profession.
- Style your first client.
5 DAYS: face-to-face training in Melbourne or Sydney.
6 MONTHS ACCESS: online resource library including previously recorded classes, downloadable documents and templates at a Certificate level.
YOUR STUDENT ADVISOR: have your questions answered, receive advice around recruitment and job opportunities, be supported by your personal student advisor over your 6-month course.
- Personal stylist
- Personal shopper
- In-store stylist
Our professional stylists continue to gain coveted roles and develop inspiring careers in professional styling. You will find them working one-on-one with clients across the world, in-store styling with retailers, personal shopping and consulting. Our stylists are also the highest paid in the industry.
CPSI – 1
- Style male and female clients.
- Facilitate an in-depth style consultations.
- Identify your clients style and lifestyle needs.
- Understand human behaviour to identify your client’s strategy.
- Style various body shapes.
- Utilise illusion dressing and proportion.
- Understand sizing and garment fit.
- Overcome client distortion.
- Work with your first client.
- Develop your styling business: packages and pricing.
- Build your stylist brand.
CPSI – 2
- Conduct a wardrobe makeover.
- Identify key wardrobe items.
- Coordinate outfits.
- Determine what to remove and what to keep.
- Store and organise garments and accessories.
- Identify garment quality and textile function.
CPSI – 3
- Conduct a pre-shopping session.
- Conduct the 5 step shopping success strategy.
- Build professional relationships with retailers and suppliers.
- Shop trends according to your clients style and needs.
- Know where to shop for your clients.
- Adapt in-store merchandising to meet your clients needs.
- Accessorise for styling impact.
CPSI – 4
- Understand colour psychology.
- Apply colour to your client.
- Interpret colour meanings across the world.
CPSI – 5
Fashion History, Trends and Language.
- Identify fashions eras.
- Recognise the importance of the history of fashion.
- Discover how global innovation and technology impacts fashion.
- Explore international designers.
- Speak the language of a professional stylist.
CPSI – 6
Your Styling Business.
- Identify your target market.
- Generate leads and clients.
- Create a visual aesthetic.
- Set up social media channels and build a following.
- Implement digital strategies for business growth.
- Start your website and online presence.
Benefits of studying with Australian Style Institute
Australian Style Institute offers a distinctive method of teaching founded in critical principles of human behaviour – ensuring our professional stylists offer the industry a unique perspective on styling that empowers the individual.
Our flexible training approach is structured so that you can continue to work, study other disciplines, or manage family and other commitments, all while continuing to develop your skills as a stylist.